Homemade Salmon Cat Treats
Homemade Salmon Cat Treats Recipe
Do you like spoiling your cat with treats, but don't like breaking the bank? Instead of buying those expensive cat treats that your feline can't stop thinking of, why don't you make them yourself? Homemade cat treats are an easy and fun way to show your cat how much you love them! These fish-shaped, three ingredient salmon cat treats are a "purr-fect" snack or treat that your cat will love!
Servings: 120 cat treats
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients for Homemade Salmon Cat Treats
- 10 oz canned salmon (undrained)
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- "Goldfish" small cookie cutters
Baking Homemade Salmon Cat Treats
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Pulse 10 oz canned salmon (undrained) in a food processor and chop as finely as possible.
- In a stand mixer, combine salmon, 1 egg (beaten) and 2 cups whole wheat flour until dough forms. If dough is too dry, add up to 1/3 cup water. If dough is too wet or sticky, add a bit more flour. Dough should be tacky but not sticky.
- Roll out dough on a floured surface until about 1/4 inch thick. Use a 3/4-inch cookie cutter in the shape of your choice to create your treats.
- Place treats on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake at 350°F for about 20 minutes. When they're slightly browned and crunchy, they're done.
- Allow to cool before serving.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
**Serve in a PetComfort Feeding System for enhanced comfort.
Recipe Source: Becky Hardin at The Cookie Rookie
Find More Recipes