Homemade Peanut Butter Dog Treats
No pet owner can resist giving their dog treats, and no dog can resist peanut butter! It’s amusing to see their tail wag like mad and their tongue go crazy when we feed them peanut butter. The sugary taste, the unmistakable smell, and the fat and protein in the peanuts, all make peanut butter very tempting to dogs.
Sure, you can buy peanut butter dog treats at the store, but we think it’s more fun to make these homemade peanut butter dog treats. If you are new to homemade dog treat recipes, don’t worry! You want believe how easy this recipe is, and with the addition of bananas, you have the perfect homemade dog treat!
As you head to the grocery store for homemade dog treat supplies, make sure to buy all-natural or organic peanut butter since other types of peanut butter may contain xylitol, which is toxic to pets. Learn more about pet food safety and pet food nutrition here.
Ingredients for Peanut Butter and Banana Dog Treats Recipe
Servings: 2 dozen homemade dog treats
⅓ cup all-natural peanut butter (chunky or creamy)
1 cup whole wheat flour
½ cup oats
½ cup mashed banana (about 1 banana)
How to Make Peanut Butter and Banana Dog Treats
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Add ingredients to a bowl and mix.
- With your hands, knead until a dough ball forms, adding additional flour if the dough is sticky.
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface and flatten with your hand. Using a rolling pin, roll into a circle until dough is about ¾" thick, adding additional flour if the dough is sticky.
- Use cookie cutters to make shapes and place homemade dog treats on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Store leftover homemade dog treats in an airtight container or in the freezer.
After your pup tries one of these peanut butter and banana dog treats, he or she will be begging for more! We dare you to try and refuse those puppy dog eyes, but remember to practice moderation as the calories in these homemade dog treats can definitely add up. We guarantee this will become one of you and your dog’s favorite homemade dog treat recipes!
Looking for more homemade dog treat recipes? Find more here.
Recipe Source: MissMollySays.com
LOOKING FOR A NEW PET BOWL?