Dog Treat Recipe for Halloween
Seeing a dog dressed up for Halloween always makes us smile and adding a fun Halloween dog treat to the photo op makes it even cuter. So grab your dog’s Halloween costume and get started on this easy to make dog treat recipe.
Grain Free Dog Treats Recipe
Because many dogs are intolerant to grains, we scoured the internet to find a grain free dog treat recipe that is perfect for Halloween & safe for your dog!
Ingredients for Halloween Dog Treat Recipe
Makes 5 grain free dog treats:
2 cups unbleached flour
1 cup water
1 chicken bouillon cube
1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
1/2 cup water
Baking Halloween Dog Treats
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Combine flour, egg, and water in a bowl and mix until a dough forms.
3. Place dough on a lightly floured surface and flatten with your hand. Cut into 5 pieces and shape into dog bones.
4. Place 1" apart on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper and bake for 30 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
6. Mix the yogurt and the water in a bowl until there are no lumps.
7. Dip the dog treats into the icing mixture and place a baking sheet covered with wax paper.
8. Freeze dog treats for 1 hour, or until icing hardens.
This year, dogs with grain intolerances will not be left out of the Halloween fun!
Looking for more homemade dog treat recipes? Find more here.
Recipe Source: Irresistible Pets
Find More Recipes