Homemade Catnip Crouton Treats
Homemade Catnip Crouton Treats Recipe
Looking for the perfect treat recipe to spoil your cat? Look no further, these homemade Catnip Crouton Treats are just what your cat is hoping you whip up for him/her. Cats go absolutely crazy for tuna and catnip, so these homemade treats should be a huge hit in any feline household.
Servings: 4 cats
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Ingredients for Homemade Catnip Crouton Treats
- - 15 oz bag or can tuna (drained)
- - 1 cup coconut flour
- - 1 tablespoon extra light olive oil
- - 1 tablespoon dried catnip
- - 1 egg
- - 1-2 tablespoons water
Baking Homemade Catnip Crouton Treats
- Preheat oven to 350°F. and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine drained tuna, egg, coconut flour, water, olive oil, and catnip. Blend in a food processor until mixture is smooth and completely combined.
- Pinch or roll pieces of the dough into "croutons" and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 - 15 minutes until they are dried on top and browned. It's okay for them to be slightly burned, you want them crunchy!
- Allow them to be completely cooled before serving.
- You can store them in an airtight container in your fridge for about a week, but since they contain egg and tuna, you shouldn't keep them in there longer than that.
**Serve in a PetComfort Feeding System for enhanced comfort.
Recipe Source: Becky Hardin at The Cookie Rookie
Find More Recipes