It’s your dog’s birthday – time to PAWTY!
Your dog’s birthday is coming up, and you want to do something special to show him that you care. Show him that he’s your favorite furry friend with a special dog birthday treat! Making homemade treats for dogs can actually be quite easy. Here is a simple dog treat recipe you can make to celebrate your pup on his birthday!
Note: Please consult with your vet before introducing any new foods into your pet’s diet.
Dog Birthday Treat Recipe – Birthday Pupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting
Servings: Servings: Recipe makes six pupcakes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients for Dog Birthday Pupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting
- - 1 cup whole wheat flour
- - 1 tsp Baking Soda
- - 3-5 chopped baby carrots
- - 1 egg
- - ¼ cup peanut butter, plus extra for "frosting"
- - ¼ cup honey
- - ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- - Small dog treats for garnish
Baking Dog Birthday Pupcakes Cakes
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a muffin tin, either line 6 cups with paper or foil baking cups, or spray the cups with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix whole wheat flour and baking soda in bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together peanut butter and melted coconut oil. Add egg, honey, and chopped baby carrots. Stir until combined.
- Add wet ingredients to bowl of dry ingredients. Stir until all dry ingredients are fully mixed in with wet ingredients.
- Fill 6 cups of muffin tin evenly with the mixture and place in the oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove pupcakes from muffin tin and allow to cool completely.
- Spread a thin layer of peanut butter over the top of each pupcake to act as a "frosting."
- Garnish each pupcake with a small dog treat and serve.
- Store uneaten pupcakes in fridge in airtight container for up to 3-5 days.
**Serve in a PetComfort Feeding System for enhanced comfort.