What a time to be alive to celebrate your feline!
Is your cat’s birthday coming up? While your cat may not comprehend the real purpose of the festivities for her birthday, she will certainly enjoy all of the attention and special treats that come with a cat birthday! Who doesn’t love treats on their birthday? If you want to celebrate your cat’s birthday by making her a special homemade treat, here is a quick cat treat recipe you can whip up. Make your fur baby’s birthday special this year! It will make her day pawsitively purrfect!
Note: Please consult with your vet before introducing any new foods into your pet’s diet.
Cat Birthday Treat Recipe – Mini Birthday Cakes
Servings: Recipe makes 2-4 miniature cakes, depending on size
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Ingredients for Cat Mini Birthday Cakes
- - 1 5 oz can tuna (drained)
- - 3 Tbsps all-purpose flour
- - 1 egg
- - 1-2 pinches shredded cheese
- - Dry cat food for garnish
Baking Cat Mini Birthday Cakes
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a muffin tin, either line 2-4 cups with paper or foil baking cups, or spray the cups with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Open and drain can of tuna.
- Combine drained tuna, all-purpose flour and shredded cheese in a bowl.
- Add egg and mix until combined.
- Fill 2-4 cups of muffin tin evenly with the mixture and place in the oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove mini cakes from muffin tin and allow to cool completely before serving
- Garnish with a few pieces of cat food sprinkled on top of each cake and serve.
- Store uneaten mini cakes in fridge in airtight container for up to 3-5 days.
**Serve in a PetComfort Feeding System for enhanced comfort.